CEDET Offers Student Entrepreneurship Workshops
EKU College of Business & Technology / CEDET Entrepreneurship Workshops
These workshops are designed to expose students to local entrepreneurs, the process of developing a business from an idea, developing a business plan from an idea, and are open to students who want to learn more about starting a business in Kentucky.
Days / Dates: Wednesday’s - - - October 10th, October 17th, and October 24th.
Time: 5:00PM – 5:45PM
Location: Business and Technology Center Auditorium, BTC 049 (Lake Level)
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Secrets of an Entrepreneur – This workshop will introduce 3 local entrepreneurs and detail how they have built a successful business enterprise including:
- How they developed the idea and business plan.
- How they funded their start-up business.
- What they are doing in a tough economy to stay competitive.
- What tips they would offer students who want to start a business.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Identifying and exploring business opportunities (What’s your BIG Idea?) – Bring your business ideas to this workshop and we will explore the potential that exists for your idea to become a business including:
- What is a good idea vs. a bad idea for a business?
- Is your idea unique and should it be protected? Intellectual Property vs. Patents
- How do you recruit other students or friends to help your idea become a business?
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Developing your idea into a business plan – This workshop will introduce students to the process of developing a business plan from an idea including:
- What are the components of a business plan?
- What is a good business plan versus a bad business plan?
- Why a business plan is important.
AFIS Students must register for BTS300 in EKU Direct AND at the event to receive credit for attending BTS 300.
Ms. Cassie Williams
Published on September 06, 2012